It’s award time! I got nominated by Yusra, she has a fantastic blog and is one of the first blogs I followed. She has a way with poetry that I could only wish for, writing on Islamic things in a way that keeps me looking forward to her posts. Thanks for the nomination Yusra 🙂
Liebster is German, by the way.
So the rest of it I’m going to copy paste down from her since she’s done a good job explaining it.
Okay so first off, what exactly is it about? Just like every other award on WordPress, the Liebster Award is a way of showing appreciation, connecting with and getting to know one another better. After getting nominated if you choose to accept the award you have to answer some questions given to you by the person who nominated you, share some facts about yourself and then nominate other bloggers who you think deserve the award.
– Insert the liebster award logo in your post
– Thank and link those who nominated you
– (After reading the official rules) You also have to reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself! lol
– Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
– Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 100 followers
– Ask 11 questions of your own to your nominees that they have to answer
– Notify your nominees about The Liebster Award
– Include instructions of the process in your post
I think it’s okay if you don’t follow all the rules though, like the less-than-100-followers rule. Just pick ALL your favourite blogs!
11 random facts about me
- I learned to ride a motorcycle when I was fifteen, I am a car enthusiast.
- I can sleep anywhere and through anything if I feel the need to (I slept through The Hobbit)
- I’m really loyal when people trust me with anything, mainly because otherwise I’d die of guilt.
- I have this thing for crazy hair.
- I find it really hard to complain – even if you make me horrid food lol.
- I get happy high during theological/philosophical discussions.
- I’ve always been a happy person, but I’m rather unsentimental.
- I love crime, mystery, action and classics.
- People I’m friends with sometimes tend to think I’m partial to them when I’m not. I guess because I listen to people.
- I love learning different languages and getting to know things I didn’t before.
- I enjoy being a Muslim everyday.
Finally I’m done with the facts, took me a while to think of what to write.
Now for Yusra’s questions for me:
- What do you like most about blogging?
I love how I get to interact with people from different areas of the world, I find it fascinating how they think and how even though people live so far away from each other they can connect to one another. I like how unknown people take the time to read my posts and to even tell me what they think of it. Like, they don’t have to, but they still do.
2. Three things that you enjoy doing?
Three things, umm, I love snuggling into a corner with a book, books have been friends with me since forever. I enjoy myself when my prayer is on point, and although not frequent unfortunately, that feeling of bliss is what I think keeps me going. And the third thing I enjoy is spending time with my mum or my best friend, because that’s when I have no worries and I can be whoever I want to be.
3. What’s the weirdest question you’ve ever been asked about Islam? What was your response?
The weirdest question? Hmm…When I suppose one of my friends asked me what was the whole “woman hiding thing” in the Quran. It was weird because she’s a Muslim, too, and although I suppose she’s supposed to know what all the purdah stuff is, she refuses to believe it could be like that.
4. Which Sahabah’s رضي الله عنه story you find most inspiring?
I’m a huge fan of Hazrat Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه. He had everything anyone could ever want in life, he had nobility, money, power, respect, and everything he wished for. But he still let it go for Islam, to be so high in social life but to remain so humble. I love his soft manner and the way he handled everything with such eloquence and intelligence. He was even beat up badly, and he still kept going. Where other sahabahs رضي الله عنه went through a really tough life, and I admire all of them, it’s just I feel like I can connect to Hazrat Abu Bakr’s رضي الله عنه life more. Because where we have stories like Hazrat Umar’s رضي الله عنه toughness and Hazrat Bilal’s رضي الله عنه tortures, we usually have social problems worrying us more. I know lots of Sahabahsرضي الله عنه had a noble lineage, but Hazrat Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه was on a different level.
5. Who’s your favourite Qari/reciter of the Qur’an?
I haven’t listened to a lot of different Qaris (I might as well be honest) but I listen to Mishary Al Afasi and he’s pretty good.
6. What’s your favourite ice-cream flavor?
Now that is a difficult question. Umm, I love chocolate, but I also love summer berries and mint choc.
7. Maltesers or m&m’s?
8. What’s your best childhood memory?
My best childhood memory would be the summer holidays spent with my grandparents where all the cousins would come over to stay the holidays, or the year we spent in the northern areas, where we even drove till the Chinese border and saw valleys, meadows, waterfalls, rivers, not open for common people.
9. What is the one quality you like and dislike most in people?
I like honest people, people who know what their priorities are, people who understand what the whole game of life is. And that’s all related in a way. I do NOT like people who try to be something they aren’t, people who have no real aims other than to impress. Oh, and people who stubbornly believe they can still interpret Islamic teachings in secular ways.
10. How do you define success?
Success is when you’re at peace with what you do. When you strive on your part, but then you’re calm enough and wise enough to know that whatever happens has been decided by Allah, because He knows best. Success is when you actually do strive and not sit around moping of what’s wrong in your life. Success is when you’re family is happy with you, too. I don’t believe rebellion is success (I’m not talking politically) because when you don’t rebel you learn from your circumstances, however difficult they might be.
11. Would you rather go on a long drive with your friends or hang out at the mall?
Go for a long drive with my best friend, she’s literally like another me, but a way better person mashallah. Actually, that’s the dream, to drive around the world with her 😀 Most people say “Sure sure, like that’s going to happen” but we can dream and whatever happens then is what Allah thinks best.
There! I’ve done it. Now for the nominees (and the oscar goes too…)
khansana1000 – she’s writing about her journey with the hijab, she has nice, motivational posts.
tamtam012013 – I love her honesty and her strength about how she lives and what she believes in.
Yusra gulab jamman – her blog is adorable! It has so much going on and I love the way she writes.
Fatmawaty – I love her honest soul, she has simple posts.
The Hidden Prestige – some amazing posts, reminders to people to not fall into this worldly abyss! Relatable stuff which is written in a way to make you realize what’s wrong with us.
Khamosh Dhadhkanen – her poetry is so good, I’m glad I follow her blog. She has a way with words.
Safdar Sikandar – this blogger sure has talent. Random tales but excellently written.
peaceloveanunity – really amazing poetry, I love reading those poems
thejourneybreathes – some good thoughts expressed in an interesting way
Papatia – mostly girly posts, but a good read all the same! Tips and advice, a few stories.
Yumna – her work is worth reading, good insight.
bilalsidiki – rather an amusing take on things
anas1193 – doesn’t post very often, but the poetry is remarkable
thesecrethijabi – a revert writing about the different phases she’s been through and is still struggling, reverts are so inspiring
Anyway, that’s my nominee list. Now for the questions I ask:
- What’s the craziest thing that’s happened to you?
- What do you do when you get angry?
- Are you a stay at home person or would you rather be out and exploring?
- If you could do the one thing that could potentially change the world, what would it be?
- Who’s your favourite famous person? Dead and alive.
- Would you rather sweet or savoury?
- What’s the one quality you like and dislike?
- What is one thing you’d like to be better at?
- Do you prefer sleeping in or waking up early?
- Where are you from? (Completely optional)
- Do you like animals?
I hope you accept the award and have fun with it. I think I’ve nominated some who’ve been nominated before, but if you’d like to only answer the questions that would be great 🙂